Summer Sessions 2022 of NSU study circle 6: Nordic Environmental Ethics
28 July – 4 August 2022
Rønningen folkehøgskole, Oslo, Norway
During the NSU Summer Session 2022, all participants were able to participate in every circle’s sessions. There were 9 other circles present. Below, only the program of Circle: 6 Nordic Environmental Ethics is presented (excluding NSU General Assembly meetings, cultural events, etc.).
- 9.00-9.45: Introducing ourselves
- 9.45-10.30: Teea Kortetmäki: Interspecies sustainability: 3-2-1 dimensional view to sustainability?
- 11:15-12:00 Victoria Mateos de Manuel: Unsustainable dance ecosystems. About Ibsen’s A Doll’s House.
- 9.00-9.45: Aiste Bartkiene, Renata Bikauskaite & Diana Mincyte: Towards an Ethical Relation with Waste: Sustainability, Circular Economy, and the Ethics of Care
- 9.45-10.30: Anne Sauka: Deep Dirt of Cleansed Surfaces: The Ontogenealogies of Waste and Trash
- 13:30-15:30 Environments on Fire (hosted by Victoria Mateos de Manuel)
- 9.00-9.45: Suvielise Nurmi: The concept of environmental responsibility in fertile pressure: Challenges by enactivism, posthumanism and new materialism
- 9.45-10.30: Mikko Puumala: Sustainability and Space Age – From Spaceship Earth to Space Station Earth
Reading group and discussion session:
13:30-15:30: Indigenous knowledges, sustainability, colonialism and human-animal relations
Monday 1 August: EXCURSION DAY
Group writing workshop
- 9:00-10:30: Developing the papers
Discussion session 2
- 11:00-12:00 Climate change, cognitive dissonance, and akrasia (hosted by Choi Woochang & Noah Mihatsch)
Group writing workshop 2 & 3
- 9:00-10:30: Writing the papers
- 11:00-12:00 Writiting the papers
- 13:30-16:00: A philosophical walk up Grefsenkollen (hosted by Teea Kortetmäki)