The urban, rural and wild: human-nature relations in the North
The ‘Summer’ Session 2021 of NSU study circle 6: Nordic Environmental Ethics
Friday 15th October 2021
All sessions are in Zoom
12:05-12:45 Invited presentation
- Sanna Lehtinen: Philosophy of the City on Climate Change
12:45-14:00 Session 1
- Silviya Serafimova: What does it mean to “think like a mountain”? Some moral reflections upon the Norwegian philosophy of climbing
- Oskari Sivula: Faking Biosphere
- Jenna Aarnio: Consistency and wild animal suffering
14:00-14:15 Coffee break
14:15-15:00 Roundtable: Teaching environmental ethics
15:05-15:55 Session 2
- Kira Meyer: Sustainable freedom. Nature as the condition of the possibility of freedom
- Mikko Puumala: Climate change, feasibility, and demandingness
All times in Finnish (UTC+2) time zone.
Participants are expected to pay NSU membership fee of 25€/10€/0€. For those who paid this already for the Winter Symposium, the participation is free. For the summer sessions 2021 you can also choose to pay 0€ for the membership, but membership is required.
The Nordic Summer University (NSU) annual membership fee facilitates the existence of NSU, which is a volunteer-based organisation. As a member you can sign up for all events organised by NSU, take part in the democratic decision-making process on which NSU is based, and become part of the extensive network of NSU.
Tervetuloa! Välkommen! Velkommen! Velkominn! Buresboahtin! Pyereest puáttim! Tiõrv pueʹttem! Welcome!