Upcoming Events (2024):
- Winter Symposium: Feminist intersectional pedagogies: reimagining and rebuilding education, 20-22 March 2024, Helsinki, Finland
- Summer Session (topic to be announced by 15 May 2024), 29 July – 5 August, Løgumkloster Højskole, Denmark
In our one-year circle, we aim to engage with the topic of intersectional analysis in the field of education systems and teaching practices in Nordic, Baltic and Eastern European spaces. Including the regional perspective, we want to address questions of race, gender, and class identities in intersectional pedagogies, putting a particular focus on the context of “white innocence” of the studied spaces and the current position of the region in the global relations of inequalities.
Some of the questions we aim to address during our conversations include:
- What are the intersectional challenges that prevail in educational structures? How can they be recognised and dismantled? How does whiteness and white innocence reinforce these intersections of discrimination?
- What kind of future imaginaries and practices can feminist intersectional pedagogies build?
- To what extent can educators, researchers, artists and activists apply the principles of feminist intersectional pedagogy to shape their practice and challenge white supremacy and heteronormativity?
- How can pedagogists from various sectors work collaboratively to build communities that discuss challenges and share good practices?
You can also follow us on Facebook.